The following instructions will guide you through the process of setting up your SmartRG SR400AC so that it connects using DHCP. This method should be used with all Cable Internet connections as well as DSL connections where your modem is already handling the task of forging a PPPoE connection.
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and then press Enter.
- Enter your administrative username and password, then click Sign in. The default administrative username and password is admin.
- Click on the NETWORK tab which can be found at the top of the page.
- Click on the WAN link which can be found on the left side of the page.
- Set the Configuration Method field to DHCP v4.
- Click Apply