The inability to receive inbound calls can be caused by several different variables. Please try the following (ordered from simplest to most complex) to try and resolve this issue:
- Often, the inability to receive calls is caused by unwanted features accidentally being turned on. Try dialing the following star codes to turn off all of these useful but potentially disruptive features:
- Dial *79 to Disable Do Not Disturb
- Dial *73 to Disable Call Forwarding
- Dial *87 to Disable Call Rejection
- Dial *68 to Disable Caller ID Withhold
Next we must ensure that all of your equipment is functioning properly by simplifying it as much as possible.
- Test with a single phone plugged directly into the line 1 port
- Test with an alternate phone cord
- Test with an alternate handset (a simple corded model if possible)
- Ensure you are using the correct power adapter for your ATA
The most common cause of this issue is a communication block on a user's own home network (generally a router not configured to work with SIP based VoIP services). Please connect your ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter) directly to your modem. Once all of the indicator lights have turned back on attempt to place and receive a call.
If you are still unable to receive calls please contact us for further assistance.