Receiving a lot of emails takes up disk space, and if your old emails are not periodically deleted, you will not be able to receive new emails. The following is a step-by-step guide to automatically deleting emails from the server in Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013.
1. After opening Outlook, click on the File tab.
2. Click the Account Settings button.
3. If you have more than on mail account, double-click the one you want to work with.
4. Click More Settings.
5. Click on the Advanced tab.
6. Under the Delivery options at the bottom of the dialog, tick the Remove from server checkbox and specify after how many days you would like an email to be deleted. For the purposes of space, I advise you select 7 days or less.
7. Click OK to confirm.
Your emails will now automatically delete themselves. Please remember to save important emails to your computer or a hard drive.