IMPORTANT: We highly recommend that you connect your device to the SmartRG SR505N by wire (an Ethernet cord) prior to attempting this upgrade. Attempting this process over a wireless connection increases the chance of failure as any interruptions during the update might render your unit unusable.
Warning: In order to update your modem to 184.108.40.206, it must be running version 220.127.116.11 or above. Upgrading from earlier versions is not supported. If you have an earlier version, please upgrade to 18.104.22.168, then upgrade again to 22.214.171.124.
The attached firmware files (bottom of this post) can be used to quickly update the firmware (software) of your SmartRG 505N modem.
126.96.36.199: This is the latest firmware version available for this modem.
To load this new firmware onto your modem please perform the following steps:
- Download the firmware file found at the bottom of this page and save it onto your computer.
- Open a web browser and go to the address http://192.168.1.1/admin
- Log in. By default the username and password are admin
- Verify your software version on the "Device Info" page
- Click on Management > Settings -> Backup
- Click on Backup Running Setting on this page to save your current configuration
(If you noticed you lost your modem configuration after the update is completed, you will be able to load it back in Management > Settings > Update)
- Click on Management > Update Software
- Click on Choose File
- Upload the Firmware file that you downloaded in step 1.
- Click Update Software
* Please note your modem will reboot once the new Firmware has been uploaded. This process may take up to 5 minutes. If your modem did not reboot after 10 minutes, please reboot it manually. The same applies if the modem came back online but you are unable to browse.
* The main fix deployed within this update is for the dual login issue. For more information, please refer to the release notes available below.