Why would I need to update my MAC address?
Your cable modem’s MAC address is used to authenticate your service. If this information needs to be changed due to the purchase of a new modem we need to know so that your service will continue to work on your new piece of equipment.
How do I update my MAC address online?
- Head over to https://myaccount.teksavvy.com/
- Sign in to (or sign up for) your customer portal account
- Click on the Services tab
- Click on the Details link for your cable internet service
- In the Service Plan Information box (located in the bottom right corner of the screen) click on Edit (as pictured below)
- Select the Make, Model, and Firmware of your new modem
- Enter your modem’s serial number. This can be found on the label located on the bottom of the modem. If their are multiple serial numbers, use the ESN or Customer Serial Number
- Enter your modem’s MAC Address. This can be found on the label located on the bottom of the modem. If their are multiple MAC addresses, use the HFC or RF MAC address.
- Click “Save”
- Your modem information has now been submitted, once the change has been completed you will be notified.