The following steps will guide you through transferring your existing phone number to TekTalk using our online forms.
If you require assistance with this process please contact us via phone at 1-877-779-1575 or by using our Chat option found in the bottom right corner of the screen at any time.
- Go to http://www.teksavvy.com
- Hover your mouse pointer over Phone.
- Click on TekTalk -Digital Home Phone.
- Select the TakTalk plan you desire by clicking on the appropriate Get More Details button.
- Click on the Order Now button.
- Check the Use service address as billing/shipping address boxes if applicable.
- Enter your address information.
- Click Next.
- Check the I would like to keep my existing phone number box.
- Enter your existing phone number.
- Click the Can this number be Ported link.
- If the number can be ported it will say Congratulations, your number can be ported!.
- If it states Unfortunately we are unable to port that telephone number then you can still get our TekTalk service by using a new telephone number.
- Bell: Service with Bell Canada
- Reseller: A reseller of Bell services.
- CLEC: A phone provider who does not use Bell's infrastructure. For example: Rogers, Cogeco, or Videotron. If this option is selected you will need to select your CLEC from the drop down list.
- Please Note: this date is tentative and is NOT guaranteed.
What Happens Next:
- You will be emailed our TekTalk Terms and Conditions. You must accept these conditions within 48 hours or the order will be cancelled.
- If you selected to make use of our Rent to Own hardware option you will be emailed our Rent to Own Terms and Conditions. You must agree to these within 5 Days or the order will be cancelled.
- Once you have agreed to all relevant Terms and Conditions you will be contacted with any concerns we may have with your order.
- Once all concerns are resolved we will submit your transfer order to your current phone carrier.
- Once initiated, your transfer will occur within 8 - 10 days or on your selected Activation date. During this time you will have access to the temporary number you selected in step 15.
- Once we have confirmed the transfer date with your existing carrier, we will email you the confirmed date.
- On the transfer date your TekSavvy supplied ATA will be automatically updated with your transferred telephone information and you should be good to go! If you've supplied your own ATA you will need to manually update your phone number within the ATA's web interface.