Put simply, bridging your Grandstream HT502 ATA disables the devices higher level networking functions (Routing/NAT/DHCP).
Bridge mode can be useful if you are putting the ATA infront of other networking devices (such as a router), and may be necessary to obtain your full speed on packages above 25Mbps.
- Connect a PC directly to the LAN port of the ATA using an Ethernet cable.
- Navigate to the ATA's web interface. (http://192.168.2.1)
- Log into the ATA using the User password.
- Click on the BASIC SETTINGS tab.
- Scroll down to the section titled NAT/DHCP Server Information & Configuration and set the Device Mode field to Bridge
- Click Apply