DSL internet requires a device to create a PPPoE session in order to function. If another device (such as your modem) is already performing this function than you are good to go and do not need to follow these directions. If no other device is performing this function, your ATA will need to.
- Connect a PC directly to the LAN port of the ATA using an Ethernet cable.
- Navigate to the ATA's web interface. (http://192.168.2.1)
- Log into the ATA using the User password.
- Click on the BASIC SETTINGS tab.
- Set the IP Address field to use PPPoE.
- Set the PPPoE account ID to your DSL username.
- Set the PPPoE password to your DSL password
- Click Apply
Note: The PPPoE Service Name is optional. The preferred DNS server should be left as 0.0.0.0 unless you have a specific DNS server they would prefer all of your devices to use (Google DNS, Unblock-us, etc).
Basic Settings Tab (Step 4)
IP Address Field (Steps 5,6,and 7)