Cisco DPC3848: Wireless Setup
- Open a web browser. (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Etc.)
- Type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar then press enter.
- Click on the DOCSIS WAN tab.
- Enter your modem's administrative username and password in the User Name and Password fields, then click Log In.
- If you have not altered your username and password, simply click Log In with both fields left blank.
- Click on the Wireless tab.
- Click on the Radio Settings tab.
- Set the 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz Wireless Interfaces to Enable.
- Set the Wireless Network Name (SSID) field to your preferred network name for each active interface. (2.4 and 5)
- Click Save Settings.
- Click on the Wireless Security tab.
- Select your preferred Wireless Security Mode for each interface. (2.4 and 5)
Select either AES or AES+TKIP for Encryption on each interface.
Enter your preferred wireless password in the Pre-Shared Key field for each interface.
Click Save Settings.
- WPA2-Personal is the most secure choice
- WPA or WPA2-Personal is a good choice if you have older devices.
- WEP can be used if you have very old devices but is relatively insecure.