On October 19th and 26th, 2016 at 4:00am EDT, we will be rolling out a firmware update to all Cisco DPC3848 modems which are currently running firmware version dpc3800-v303r2042161-140428a. This update will address the intermittent wireless connectivity issues that many users have experienced with this modem.
The update process will result in five to fifteen minutes of downtime. During this downtime, the modem should proceed through the following sequence of light patterns:
Important: Do NOT unplug, power off, or reset your modem while this update is in progress!
- The modem will automatically power cycle (power off, followed by power on) and go through the startup cycle.
- The Power light will turn solid GREEN.
- If there are any active devices plugged into any of the 4 Ethernet ports, their corresponding lights will flash briefly on the modem at start-up.
- During this time, the modem will check to see what devices are connected via the ETH ports (1 to 4).
- Both DS and US lights will flash together briefly while this occurs but will return to solid GREEN.