IMPORTANT: We highly recommend that you connect your device to the SmartRG SR501 by wire (an Ethernet cord) prior to attempting this upgrade. Attempting this process over a wireless connection increases the chance of failure which could irreparably damage the unit.
The attached firmware files (bottom of this post) can be used to quickly update the firmware (software) of your SmartRG 501 modem.
184.108.40.206: This is the latest firmware version available for this modem.
To load this new firmware onto your modem please perform the following steps:
- Download the firmware file found at the bottom of this page and save it onto your computer.
- Open a web browser and go to the address http://192.168.1.1/admin
- Log in. By default the username and password are admin
- Click on Management > Settings > Backup
- Click on Backup Running Setting on this page to save your current configuration (If you noticed you lost your modem configuration after the update is completed, you will be able to load it back in Management > Settings > Update)
- Click on Management > Update Software
- Click on Choose File
- Upload the Firmware file that you downloaded in step 1.
- Click Update Software
* Please note your modem will reboot once the new Firmware has been uploaded. This process may take up to 2 minutes.
*If you are interested in more information regarding the firmware, please check out the SRG Software Release Notes 220.127.116.11.