You can bridge this modem in order to use your own Personal wireless router or system to provide wireless instead.
- Disconnect the coaxial cable from the Hitron CGNM-3550 (This will help to prevent MAC lock if you already have multiple devices plugged into the modem)
- Navigate to the Hitron CGNM-3550's user interface. (192.168.0.1)
- Enter the administrative username and password in the Username and Password fields, then click Login.
- If you have not altered their username and password, use the default credentials of cusadmin for the username and password for the password.
- Click on the Basic tab.
- Click on the Gateway Function tab.
- Set the Residential Gateway Function to Disabled.
- Click on Save Changes
- Reconnect the coaxial cable on the back of the modem at this time.